Congratulations Award Winners!
Congratulations to our PTA Award Nominees and Winners. We have many amazing people at Sacajawea, we truly appreciate all of you! Visit our PTA site for detailed descriptions.
Our Golden Acorn Awards recognize exemplary and outstanding volunteerism and service to our PTA, school, and community.
- Robin King (Adri & Mieke’s Mom) – Parent Equity Team Chair, Heritage Potluck, Family engagement
- Jessi Friedrichs (Jack’s Mom) – PTA Treasurer, Move-a-Thon Lead, Community Celebration Lead, Room Parent, Arts & Science Fair
- Karen Murphy (Leone’s Mom) – PTA Co-Chair, Packs for Kids, Arts & Culture Committee, Advocate for families, Welcoming and inclusive
Our Outstanding Educator Award recognizes a member of the staff who has made exceptional contributions at Sacajawea to enhance the educational outcomes of our students.
- Ryan Schmidt — Best Art Teacher Ever!
The Roy Norman SHINE Award is given in honor of Ms. Norman’s (our Admin Secretary of many years) late husband. Roy was an amazing man who fully embodied the SHINE principles at Sacajawea of being Safe, Helpful, Inclusive, Neighborly, and Engaged!
Congratulations to our three fantastic SHINE winners.
- Karla Sclater (Zack’s Mom) – 6 years at Sac – BLT Member, Grants Team, Arts & Science Fair Lead, Equity Team, NESPA (fund sharing alliance)
- Erica Cox – Fifth Grade Teacher – Always a SHINE-ing example to her students
- Laura Riley (Kate’s Mom) – 9 years at Sac – PTA Treasurer, PTA Co-Chair, Membership, Directory, Move-a-Thon Lead, Book Fair Lead, Room Parent,
Also BIG congratulations to our 5th Grade Seymour Kaplan Award Winners!
The Seymour Kaplan Award recipients were nominated by their peers and Sacajwea staff for their humanitarian work in building relationships and treating everyone with dignity, kindness, and respect. Seymour Kaplan was an outstanding member of our community who dedicated his life to social justice, helping people to overcome prejudice and accept differences. A memorial fund was established in his honor and until 2015, was managed by the Anti-Defamation League to honor students who epitomize the values of Seymour Kaplan.
This year’s Seymour Kaplan Award recipients are 5th Graders:
Terra Jung and Delaney Smith