THANK YOU for considering becoming a volunteer and supporting our Sacajawea students! Most
parents find that getting involved is a great way to meet other families and to make a strong
connection to our school. Other positive effects of parental involvement include:
- Higher grades, test scores & graduation rates
- Better attendance
- Increased motivation & self-esteem
Sacajawea thrives because parents contribute their time and resources. There are many ways to
participate – at school or from home. We look forward to working with you at Sacajawea this year!
Volunteer opportunities are listed on our PTA website sacpta.org/volunteering
Any questions? Contact Charlene Shanahan at firstname.lastname@example.org
News and Information for Volunteers
COVID-19 update: Essential volunteers may be able to volunteer in person at the discretion of the school leader. Volunteers will be required to complete a video training and follow health and safety protocols. In order to reduce risk to students, all volunteers will be required to be vaccinated.
All School Volunteers: please note the requirements for Seattle School District Volunteer requirements. When you come to school to volunteer: Please sign in and out at the school office when volunteering at school, and please wear a volunteer badge. We need to know the location of everyone in the building in case of an emergency. Also sign in for hours spent on field trips or any work you do at home–we love to see those volunteer hours add up each year!
Getting Started as a School Volunteer
- NEW! Our volunteer applications are now “green”. Learn about our new paperless volunteer application and how to apply online
- Your online application can be renewed annually – no need to reapply entirely as in the past.
Prevent Child Sexual Abuse
View the Adult Sexual Misconduct Prevention – online course
Nationally, 1 in 4 girls & 1 in 6 boys are sexually abused before age 18. We can all help protect children by learning to recognize and respond to sexual abuse.
- If you haven’t in the past , complete the 17-min Adult Sexual Misconduct Prevention training atseattleschools.org/misconductvideo
- At the end of the video you will have an opportunity to enter your information, including email address. Once submitted, an automatic email will be sent to you (previously a certificate) – please save it to attach it to your volunteer application.
Submit your application online.