Family Reunification In Case of Emergency During the School Day
In the event of an emergency at school or within the city there is a protocol in place for all Sacajawea parents/guardians to be reunited with their students.
1) Bring photo ID from home. Students will only be released to an adult listed on their Emergency Release form who shows photo ID.
2) Check in: if the building is untouched, parents will form lines outside of the school office. If we need to be out of the building the lines will form where it is safest. School staff will be on hand to let you know where this is.
3) Signs will be posted by the first letter of the student?s last name. Please line up in the appropriate line and be prepared to wait patiently.
4) You will receive a student release/runner form that must be filled out for each student. This form will remain with the runner throughout the process.
5) Be patient: all parents/guardians have to go through the same process to be united with their students. No student will be released without going through the Family Reunification process. The more patience and understanding shown by parents/guardians, the quicker the process can be completed.
6) After check in is completed you will be directed to the Family Reunification area where your student will be brought to meet with you. Parents/guardians will ONLY be allowed to pick up their students in the Family Reunification area. You will need to show your photo ID one last time at this station and your destination after you leave school property will also be recorded.