Our Mission: Teach every student with kindness, equity, and empathy.
Our Vision: Educational justice for all.
Sacajawea Community News
June 8th, 2023
A Message from our Principal
Dear Sacajawea Community,
A Great Big Thank You to Sacajawea PTA for helping to make our Art and Science Fair so successful!
Without the support of the PTA, the many volunteers , and our wonderful Sac families such events would not be possible.
We had over 100 in attendance on that sunny Saturday, June 3. Attendees enjoyed delicious BBQ, as well as baked goods.
There were a wide variety of activities available to students and families to include puppet making, crafting cards, and face painting!
And a special thank you to Mr. Ryan, our creative and encouraging art teacher for helping to make this a reality.
Principal, Sacajawea Elementary
Top Items & Upcoming Events
- We had a great turnout for our Arts & Science Fair! Thank you to all the families who were able to loan tables or canopies, donated baked goods, and volunteered to help out at a station. It took all these efforts to make this event so much fun!
- BLM at School Newsletter for May/June. This month’s edition features details from the life of educator and civil rights activist Septima Clark.
- Sacajawea Field Day is June 23rd. Students absolutely love this event, with games like water balloon monsoon, bean bag toss, football folly, and more. There will also be colored hairspray, temporary tattoos, and other fun activities! This event takes quite a crew of volunteers, so get more details about Sacajawea Field Day and sign up to help on the PTA website.
- The Sac PTA Needs You. Each year, we’re able to hold a broad array of community events through the hard work of our community volunteers. This year, we hosted a welcome back pizza party, a student Move-a-Thon, a fall heritage potluck (by our equity team), hosted an online auction that raised $15k, held our largest ever community dinner ever with nearly 200 people served, plus the upcoming math and science fair, field day, ice cream social/ summer kick-off event. Consider volunteering to help us make next year even better.
- Order Your Yearbook Today. The 2022-23 Sacajawea yearbook is available for order on SacPTA.org. Yearbooks will arrive at school in early June and will be sent home with students. Scholarships available.
- CANSSPA Field Day on June 10th (1-4pm). Join the Central and North Seattle Schools PTA Alliance at Carkeek Park (Shelter #2) to build community and learn more about CANSSPA’s mission of improving equity across schools. There will be field games, snacks, and conversations!