Our Mission: Teach every student with kindness, equity, and empathy.
Our Vision: Educational justice for all.
Sacajawea Community News
June 15th, 2023
A Message from our Principal
Field Day is next Friday !
With great excitement Field Day returns Friday, June 23 !!
We are so fortunate that Stephanie Schroder (Connor and Luca’s mom) and Sara Owens (Cathal’s mom) have taken on the task of coordinating this event. At this writing we have many volunteers signed up , but still can use 8-10 more.
Games will begin at 12pm and run until 2pm. Games will include water balloon monsoon, H20 baseball, bean bag toss, football folly and more . Families are welcome to come and observe.
To all who make this day possible for the kids, a great big Thank You! If you are able and would still like to sign up to volunteer, please see link below.
In partnership, Barry Fisk, Principal
Top Items & Upcoming Events
- Come to our Ice Cream Social Wed, Jun 21 5-6pm at Sacajawea! It will also be our last PTA meeting, where we will have treats for everyone and will be awarding our Golden Acorn, Shine and Outstanding Educator awards. We will also be voting in our final budget and voting in our executive leadership team. Please bring good condition books to donate for our summer reading program – students will be taking home books for summer reading on field day.
- Sacajawea Field Day is June 23rd. Students absolutely love this event, with games like water balloon monsoon, bean bag toss, football folly, and more. There will also be colored hairspray, temporary tattoos, and other fun activities!
- Kindergarten Jump Start Do you know families with an incoming Kindergarten student? Please share our Jump Start information with them. Thanks to our PTA and Staff Racial Equity Team, Jump Start is happening at Sacajawea August 21 – 25, 2023! Information, important dates and registration on our school website.
- Volunteers Make Things Happen at Sacajawea! Our dedicated group of parents, grandparents, and community members help make Sacajawea such a wonderful and welcoming school. Our PTA is looking for new ideas and voices. Visit our volunteering page for descriptions or contact Charlene Shanahan email@example.com.
- Featured Volunteer Opportunity: 3-5 Grade BLT (Building Leadership Team) Rep – Participate in bi-weekly or monthly (if alternating with K-2 Rep) meetings. Members of the BLT represent various stakeholders in our school community. Each member stays on the BLT for two years. Their responsibilities are to help with decision making around budget, our Continuous School Improvement Plan, and Professional Development.
- The Sac PTA Needs You. Each year, we’re able to hold a broad array of community events through the hard work of our community volunteers. This year, we hosted a welcome back pizza party, a student Move-a-Thon, a fall heritage potluck (by our equity team), hosted an online auction that raised $15k, held our largest ever community dinner ever with nearly 200 people served, plus the upcoming math and science fair, field day, ice cream social/ summer kick-off event. Consider volunteering to help us make next year even better.
- PTA Correction: We recently cosponsored a Legislative Educational Community Meeting on May 31, 2023 that inadvertently included campaign activity by a candidate for public office. As Federally regulated non-profit organizations, PTAs may not endorse any candidate for public office, and it was not our intent at this event to do so. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
- BLM at School Newsletter for May/June. This month’s edition features details from the life of educator and civil rights activist Septima Clark.