Our Mission: Teach every student with kindness, equity, and empathy.
Our Vision: Educational justice for all.
Sacajawea Community News
June 1st, 2023
A Message from our Principal
Hello Sacajawea Families,
It is hard to believe that it is already June. We have number of special events scheduled for this last month of school.
This Saturday June 3 is the Art and Science Fair form 12 PM-2 PM on the lower playground.
On Monday, June 12 we will be hosting our instrumental music concert in the cafeteria from 6:00 PM-6:30 PM.
Wednesday, June 21 is the Ice Cream Social, also on the lower playground. The start time for this is tentatively set for 5:00 PM.
Friday, June 23from 12 PM -2 PM will be Field day on the upper playground. This will also be when we will be doing our annual book giveaway. You can find out more information about all of these exciting events by accessing the most up-to-date calendars from the school site and the Sacajawea PTA site.
We hope to see you there! In partnership,
Principal, Sacajawea Elementary
Top Items & Upcoming Events
- The Arts & Science Fair is this Saturday, June 3rd at 12pm. Conduct science and create art on a Saturday afternoon. We have a ton planned, and it’s going to be a blast! There will be food, beverages, and baked goods for purchase, too, so come hungry.
- Sacajawea Field Day is June 23rd. Students absolutely love this event, with games like water balloon monsoon, bean bag toss, football folly, and more. There will also be colored hairspray, temporary tattoos, and other fun activities! This event takes quite the crew of volunteers, so get more details about Sacajawea Field Day and sign up to help on the PTA website.
- The Sac PTA Needs You. Each year, we’re able to hold a broad array of community events through the hard work of our community volunteers. This year, we hosted a welcome back pizza party, a student Move-a-Thon, a fall heritage potluck (by our equity team), hosted an online auction that raised $15k, held our largest ever community dinner ever with nearly 200 people served, plus the upcoming math and science fair, field day, ice cream social/ summer kick-off event. Consider volunteering on the Sacajawea PTA to help us make next year even better.
- PTA Budget Approval Process. The PTA Board has been hard at work creating a budget proposal that supports all students and aligns with our values. Next week on June 7th at 7pm, the PTA will hold a special (and short) June board meeting to vote on a PTA budget proposal for next year (registration link coming soon). Once the board approves the proposal, our members will vote to ratify the budget at the Ice Cream Social on June 21st.
- Order Your Yearbook Today. The 2022-23 Sacajawea yearbook is yearbooks available for order on the Sacajawea PTA website. Yearbooks will arrive at school in early June and will be sent home with students. Scholarships available.
CANSSPA Field Day on June 10th (1-4pm). Join the Central and North Seattle Schools PTA Alliance at Carkeek Park (Shelter #2) to build community and learn more about CANSSPA’s mission of improving equity across schools. There will be field games, snacks, and conversations!