Our Mission: Teach every student with kindness, equity, and empathy.
Our Vision: Educational justice for all.
Sacajawea Community News
May 25th, 2023
A Message from our Principal
Dear Sacajawea Community,
The assembly on Wednesday was jam packed with presentations and performances from our student body. Ms. Madres first grade class shared all the exciting thing they have been learning in honor of Asian American Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander month. Among other things we got to see a non la or traditional Vietnamese hat, learn how to properly use chopsticks, and hear about sampling a variety of delicious foods. We were also treated to a singing duet of the song Someday from two of our Shining Star second graders. The assembly finished with a presentation from two fifth graders about how students can sort and clean up from lunch so that garbage, recycling and compost are all utilized properly.
The Art and Science Fair is fast approaching. We hope to see you all on Saturday June 3 at 12:00 on the lower playground.
Principal, Sacajawea Elementary
Top Items & Upcoming Events
- Submit Sacajawea PTA Award Nominations by May 26th. Each spring, the Sacajawea PTA seeks nominations for our Golden Acorn, Outstanding Educator, and the Roy Norman S.H.I.N.E. Awards. Awardees will be announced at the Ice Cream Social in June.
- The Arts & Science Fair is June 3rd at 12pm. Conduct science, create art, and enjoy food on a Saturday afternoon. We have a ton planned, and it’s going to be a blast!
- Order Your Yearbook Today. The 2022-23 Sacajawea yearbook is available for order on SacPTA.org. Yearbooks will arrive at school in early June and will be sent home with students. Scholarships available.
- Legislative Community Meeting at Olympic Hills on May 31st. Come meet with and ask questions of 46th district legislators Javier Valdez and Gerry Pollet online or in person at this free, catered event.
- CANSPA Field Day on June 10th. Are you interested in fund sharing, collective advocacy, and school equity? If so, please join the Central and North Seattle PTA Alliance (CANSPA) Field Day on June 10th at Carkeek Park (Shelter #2) from 1-4 pm! Questions? Email Megan Callow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteering makes a BIG Difference! Our PTA is looking for leads for next year and encourages new ideas and voices. From weekly help to coordinating one-day events, there are various opportunities. Visit our volunteering page for descriptions or contact Charlene Shanahan email@example.com for more details.
- PTA Co-Chair
- Events Co-Lead
- Grants Team Co-Lead
- National Walk to School Day Lead (October)