Our Mission: Teach every student with kindness, equity, and empathy.
Our Vision: Educational justice for all.
Sacajawea Community News
April 27th, 2023
A Message from our Principal
Hello Sacajawea families,
We held another one of our amazing assembles on Wednesday where we were treated to two Shining Star performances by students featuring gymnastics and acoustic guitar. Don’t forget, next Wednesday May 3rd is a spirit day. Our theme for May is Pajama Day.
The University of Washington American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) is hosting a Youth STEM Exploration Day on Saturday, April 29 from 12-2pm at the UW NanoEngineering and Sciences Building. At this event, UW engineering students will lead K-8 students through engineering-based activities to teach them about different STEM disciplines including medicine, robotics, aerospace, and more. The event is drop-in style, meaning you can attend at any time during the event and visit as many activity booths as you desire. Prizes will be available for students who complete more activities!
I look forward to seeing you this Friday April 28 from 5PM to 7PM for the Spring dinner and auction!
Principal, Sacajawea Elementary
Top Items & Upcoming Events
- Sacajawea’s Community Celebration Tomorrow, April 28th from 5pm – 7pm. The PTA is hosting this year’s family-friendly event at school, including a complimentary dinner, dessert auction, punch-board prize game, and online auction to raise funds for our school. The online auction will run from Friday th 28th and end at midnight on Sunday, April 30th.
- Volunteers & dessert donations still needed for our Community Celebration tomorrow. Can you help make our event a success by donating a dessert for our event or volunteering to help run/setup/cleanup? Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Diorama Collection on Mr. Ryan’s Corner. Check out the creative dioramas that our Sac 4th-graders created with Mr. Ryan this month. They’re even based on stories written by the students themselves!
- Order Your Yearbook Today! The 2022-23 Sacajawea yearbook is available for order. Submit your order now. Yearbooks will arrive at school in early June.
- Clothes needed for our nurse’s office. We’re requesting donations of boys/girls sweatpants and underwear for K-3rd grade students. Lightly-used sweatpants are ok. New for underwear, please. Thanks for anything you can send.
- Calling all Event Planners: NESSPA Field Day! June 10th. Are you interested in fundsharing, collective advocacy, and school equity? Do you have a flair for event organizing? Then please join in our effort to plan for the North End Seattle Schools PTA Alliance (NESSPA) Field Day on June 10th! If you are interested in supporting the planning or learning more about the NESSPA mission, please reach out to Megan Callow at email@example.com.
- Parent Racial Equity Team Newsletter for April. In this month’s edition, we center the contributions of Black writers and artists who embody the March and April guiding principles of Black Lives Matter at School: Loving Engagement, Empathy, and Intergenerational Black Arts. Read the Parent Racial Equity Team Newsletter on the PTA website.
- Pokemon Training After-School Club. Hosted at Sacajawea by the Math n’ Stuff team, this after-school Pokémon class teaches the basic rules of the Pokémon Trading Card Game! The club runs Wednesdays May 1 – June 19 for interested 2nd – 5th graders. Cost: $185 (scholarships available through PTA, contcact firstname.lastname@example.org for scholarship requests). Details and registration online via 6crickets. **All registered students will be added to a waitlist until confirmed by Math n’ Stuff.**
- It’s Volunteers Appreciation Month: Thank You to Our Amazing Sacajawea Volunteers! We appreciate all of the parents, grandparents, and community members who make our school a better place. My favorite description of Sac is “We are small, but MIGHTY”! We prove this when we look at the countless events our PTA families support and organize throughout the school year, the classroom help, field trips, photo days, yearbook, t-shirts, directory, clubs, lunchroom, tutoring, newsletters, fundraising and so much more to help our kids. All of this happens because you give your time and talent and we are so grateful. Thank you for your dedication to building a strong community for our kids! Your support makes a difference. If you’re looking for ways to get involved the SacPTA website has a list of volunteer opportunities. Or, send me a note, and we’ll find something that fits with your interests and schedule. With Gratitude, Ms. Charlene, Volunteer Coordinator. email@example.com.