Our Mission: Teach every student with kindness, equity, and empathy.
Our Vision: Educational justice for all.
Sacajawea Community News
May 18th, 2023
Top Items & Upcoming Events
- Submit Sacajawea PTA Award Nominations by May 26th. Each spring, the Sacajawea PTA seeks nominations for our Golden Acorn, Outstanding Educator, and the Roy Norman S.H.I.N.E. Awards. You’ll find award details and the nomination form on SacPTA.org. Awardees will be announced at the Ice Cream Social in June.
- The Arts & Science Fair is June 3rd at 12pm. Conduct science, create art, and enjoy food on a Saturday afternoon. We have a ton planned, and it’s going to be a blast! Details and volunteer signup on SacPTA.org.
- Lend a hand with our Art & Science Fair Bake Sale. Baking your thing? Volunteer to bring items for the Arts & Science Fair bake sale on Signup Genius.
- Webinar: Teaching and Learning About Race. Join the Parent Equity Team on May 24th for a group livestream event to watch and discuss this webinar about fantastic practices for teaching about race in early childhood. Event details and registration on SacPTA.org.
- Order Your Yearbook Today. The 2022-23 Sacajawea yearbook is available for order on SacPTA.org. Yearbooks will arrive at school in early June and will be sent home with students. Scholarships available.
- CANSPA Field Day on June 10th. Are you interested in fund sharing, collective advocacy, and school equity? If so, please join the Central and North Seattle PTA Alliance (CANSPA) Field Day on June 10th! See event flyer for details. Questions? Email Megan Callow at email@example.com.
- Volunteering makes a BIG Difference! Our PTA is looking for leads for next year and encourages new ideas and voices. From weekly help to coordinating one-day events, there are various opportunities. Visit our volunteering page for descriptions or contact Charlene Shanahan firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- PTA Co-Chair
- Events Co-Lead
- Grants Team Co-Lead
- National Walk to School Day Lead (October)